Our supporters are important to us and we’re committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold. This policy is designed to give you a clear explanation about how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us.
THINK EQUAL is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Officer under reference ZA320513. We are a registered charity, number 1174610 and a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales, number 10166996.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTED
We collect information about you when you enquire about our activities, make a donation or otherwise provide us with personal information.
The personal information we collect includes details such as your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number and credit / debit card details (if you are making a donation) as well as information you provide in any communication between us. You will have given us this information whilst making a donation, enquiring about our work, communicating with us on social media or any of the other ways you interact with us.
We will mainly use this information:
- To process your donation or other payments, to claim Gift Aid on your donations and verify any financial transactions;
- To provide the information or services (including our social and emotional programme for schools) that you have requested;
- To update you with any important administrative messages about your donation, information or services you have requested;
- To comply with the Charities Protection and Social Investment Act 2016 and follow the recommendations of the official regulators of charities, the Charity Commission, which requires us to identify and verify the identity of supporters who make major gifts so we can assess any risks associated with accepting their donations;
- To keep records of our relationship with you;
- To contact you about our work and how you can support us;
- Where you volunteer with us, to administer the volunteering arrangement.
We will never sell your data to any third party nor will we share your details with other entities for marketing purposes.
We are committed to keeping your personal information safe and secure. We’ve implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information we have under our control. We work hard to ensure that the information we receive is kept secure, accurate, up-to-date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used. However the transmission of data over the internet is never 100% secure so while we try to protect your personal information, we can’t guarantee the security of any information you submit to us via our website.
THINK EQUAL may need to disclose your information if required to do so by law or in response to a court order.
Our website and social and emotional programme may include links to websites run by other organisations. THINK EQUAL is not responsible for the privacy practices or policies or other organisations so you should read their privacy policies carefully.
We will only collect the data that we need to carry out the purposes you have contacted us for, or given us permission to use it for.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. You can have your personal information removed at any time or object to the processing of your personal information. And you can withdraw your previous consent at any time as well.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 74 Holland Park, London W11 3SL or on 07750 951 725.
If you are unhappy with the way that we have handled your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Officer.